When you think about purchasing CBD oil for migraines for sale from an online retailer, there are a few basics that you should know. For starters, it’s important to understand that cannabidiol, also known as CBD, interacts with our body’s natural endocannabinoid system (ECS), a stringed network of receptors that can be found all throughout our cells and tissues. It’s through this communication and interaction that CBD has shown promise in helping our body better regulate anxiety, the sleep cycle, and, most importantly, when it comes to migraine headaches, our body’s response to pain.
In this blog, we’ll be examining how CBD might prove an effective alternative migraine relief supplement, and what brands to look for when purchasing CBD for migraines online.
What Causes Migraines?
A migraine is a neurological disorder characterized by intense, debilitating headaches that are recurrent. The exact causes of migraines are still currently unknown, but leading theories suggest that abnormal brain activity initiates the onset. Additionally, certain triggers have been identified as being linked to migraines and headaches, including:
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Genetic factors
- Brain chemistry imbalances
- Vascular abnormalities
- CNS disorders
- Environmental Factors
These triggers often affect how our brain and body process information, like pain signals. When using CBD for migraines, the compound will help activate certain channels within the ECS to facilitate a smoother transaction of information, thus making it a promising alternative supplement when it comes to migraine pain relief.
How May CBD Help With Migraine Pain?
CBD primarily interacts with two receptors, CB1 and CB2. While the compound itself does not bind directly with either of these, CBD’s indirect benefits can allow these receptors to more holistically process and regulate the pain associated with migraines in four key ways:
- Pain Modulation: CBD has been shown to have an analgesic effect by influencing the activity of cannabinoid receptors and other pain-signaling receptors in the ECS. In reducing the perception of pain, CBD may also help alleviate migraine-related pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Some migraines can be attributed to inflammation in the brain and blood vessels. CBD, meanwhile, has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties that can potentially provide relief for migraine sufferers.
- Vasodilation: Studies have suggested that CBD may have vasodilatory effects, meaning it can widen blood vessels. This can be especially helpful during a migraine attack when the blood vessels in the brain become constricted and dilated.
- Serotonin Modulation: Serotonin imbalances have been linked to migraines. The influence that CBD has on serotonin receptors has been shown to potentially modulate serotonin levels in the brain. More stable serotonin levels may help prevent or reduce the frequency of migraines.
It’s worth noting that while more research is needed to fully understand the effectiveness of CBD in treating the pain associated with migraines, there are plenty of anecdotal reports that suggest CBD has certainly worked for some migraine sufferers.
For example, one of our own founders, Terilyn Grover, uses CBD to treat her migraine symptoms three times per day without fail. She also keeps a vape pen with her as a safety net in case she experiences a sudden onset.
Her belief is simple: CBD works well for migraines, and it’s more convenient than other, more traditional forms of treatment.
Browse the Best CBD Oil for Migraines
At My Health, we have tons of CBD options to help treat specific ailments and improve your overall well-being. That includes everything from CBD-infused gummies, capsules, and fast-acting vapes, to CBD ointments, balms, salves, and suppositories. But when it comes to pain relief associated with migraines, the most effective daily solution is often found in one of our US Hemp Authority Certified full spectrum oil tinctures.
In terms of the best CBD oil brands for migraines, here are a few of the more popular products that we carry online that may help alleviate some of the pain associated with these debilitating headaches:
- +PlusCBD Drops Gold Extra Strength Full Spectrum 750 mg CBD Peppermint: Including a complex phytocannabinoid matrix that combines CBD with terpenes, Vitamin E, and cannabinoids such as CBG and CBN, the Gold Formula has the Plus brand’s highest concentration and is its most potent supplement. (For a less concentrated but still effective product, check out +PlusCBD Drops Original Formula 500mg Peppermint).
- Endoca RAW Hemp Oil Drops 1500 mg CBD+CBDa Tincture: Raw hemp oil preserves the cannabinoids CBDa and CBD in their most natural, complex state, which, when combined with terpenes, omegas 3 & 6, plus vitamin E, works to promote the body’s biochemistry.
- Charlotte’s Web Hemp Oil 17 mg Hemp Extract Mint Chocolate: The ever-popular Charlotte’s Web tinctures are full-spectrum extracts that include a number of different potentially beneficial compounds such as phytocannabinoids, terpenes, and essential fatty acids.
- Medical Marijuana for Migraines: Can Cannabis or CBD Help? (webmd.com)
- Medical Cannabis, Headaches, and Migraines: A Review of the Current Literature - PMC (nih.gov)
- CBD For Migraines: Benefits, Risks And More – Forbes Health