While cooking with cannabis, and making edibles in particular, has been a popular method for decades, cooking with CBD oil has only recently become the popular trend it is now. So what can you make with CBD, and what are some of the best recipes to start with? Explore these CBD recipe ideas to find all sorts of baked goods, beverages, soups, creams, and other delectable foods to make.
Tips and Benefits of Cooking With CBD Oil Recipes
The benefits of cooking with CBD oil recipes extend much farther than the taste of these delectable concoctions. Not only is CBD oil incredibly easy to incorporate into your already existing recipes, but you still get the same exact effects that you would without the added food or drink ingredients. Unlike THC edibles which are time-consuming to make and tend to bring on much more potent effects, these CBD recipes will have you feeling just like you would after a standard dose of your favorite My Health Etc. products (but with a much fuller tummy).
As is the case when trying any new form of CBD, it’s always advised to start small, and gradually increase the dosage until the benefits are as desired. Adding too much at the beginning of a CBD recipe can not only affect the taste but can impact the way you feel these effects, as well as how long they last. Some other tips for cooking with CBD oil include:
- Never place CBD oil over direct heat - Direct heat can change the composition of CBD and lower its effectiveness. For some CBD recipes that may call for the use of a stovetop, it’s advised to sprinkle your product on top at the end instead of during the cooking process.
- Mix CBD oil with other oils - CBD is fat-soluble, which makes it easier to absorb when added along with other fats such as coconut or avocado oil.
The Best CBD Recipes to Make at Home
Here are some of our favorite CBD recipe ideas to help satisfy your taste buds and bring on much-needed relief:
This guacamole recipe that uses CBD oil is perfect as a standalone dip or as a compliment to a larger meal. Plus, the recipe is just as easy as your standard guacamole recipe and works well with the avocado as it contains fats that help with absorption in the body. It is also both gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, halved, peeled, and seeded
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 small tomatoes (preferably small), seeded and diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 mL of 2500 mg RSHO-X Gold Liquid CBD Oil
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
- Scoop avocado into a bowl with a fork or spoon. Slicing the inside of the avocado into grids can make scooping easier.
- Mash avocado with a fork or pestle.
- Add the salt, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, and cilantro first. Then add the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and lime juice. Finally, add your RSHO-X CBD oil to the finished mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with wrap and let it sit at room temperature for two hours before serving.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time to get into the baked goods! These delectable cookies are the perfect finish to any meal, and adding CBD oil doesn’t take a skip out of your step! For these baked treats, we recommend the 1500mg +PlusCBD Reserve Oil Dark Chocolate Mint for that extra bit of sweetness and a hint of mint. Check out the full recipe here.
Pumpkin Spice Bread With CBD Icing
For this CBD recipe idea, all you need to do is make the CBD icing separately from your standard pumpkin spice bread recipe. To make the icing, we’re going to use +PlusCBD Extra Strength Softgels 15mg/each. Yes, these capsules can be opened and added to your favorite dishes. Simply melt your butter over low heat, and then add a tbsp of the CBD oil alongside your coconut oil until combined. Then simply pour on top for a delicious finish!
Smoothies are perhaps the easiest way to incorporate CBD oil into your meals. All you need to do for this is to add a few drops of your favorite CBD oil from My Health Etc. into your combined smoothie and blend just as you normally would. If interested, you may substitute CBD oil with CBD crystals, a 99% pure CBD product. CBD crystals are most commonly used to make tinctures and add to select food and beverage products such as smoothies, but also shakes, tea, oatmeal, and more for a finer CBD experience.
Buy CBD Oil Online
Looking for the best CBD oil products to add to your favorite treats or drinks? Shop My Health Etc. to find a wide variety of oils, tinctures, softgels, topicals, and more, so your meal can have the perfect compliment when needed most. For more information regarding our products, contact My Health Etc. today.