Debunking 4 of the Most Popular CBD Myths
Jan 25th 2023
There are a lot of CBD myths out there, and unless you’ve done plenty of your own research on the topic, it could be difficult to separate fact from fiction. Luckily, we’ve done the homework for you, breaking down common CBD myths and the truths behind them so that you can get a better idea of what’s true – and what’s false — when it comes to this popular wellness tool.
Quick CBD Facts
Before we get into the myths, let’s get into a few general facts about CBD that are worth knowing about.
- CBD has undergone, and continues to undergo, extensive scientific research.
- While both are derived from the cannabis plant, CBD and THC are not the same.
- With correct dosages, CBD is considered safe for use in adults, children, and even animals.
- Various conditions that CBD may be used to help treat include depression, anxiety, chronic or acute pain, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more.
We still have a lot to learn about exactly how CBD functions in the body and the benefits it can offer. However, what we do know already shows us that CBD is exceedingly safe for regular or intermittent use – and it could even be the thing you’re missing in your general wellness routine.
4 CBD Oil Myths and Facts
Ready to explore common myths about CBD? We’re setting the record straight, one popular misconception at a time.
Myth #1: CBD Makes You Feel “High”
The facts: Does CBD get you high? No. That’s because CBD products, unless directly stated, do not contain significant amounts of THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. In order to be legally sold in the United States, standard CBD products must contain no more than 0.3% THC, meaning no psychoactive effects and no risk of getting high as a result.
Myth #2: CBD Has No Proven Uses
The facts: There are a lot of claims about what CBD can do. And although the jury is still out on some of them, we do have research backing up many of its purported uses. For example, there have been evidence-backed studies surrounding the utility of CBD as a treatment for epilepsy and other seizure disorders. It has also been proven to help manage symptoms of PTSD, anxiety, and even cancer.
Myth #3: CBD is Better in Higher Doses
The facts: Everybody is built differently, and what may be the right dose for one person could be too much or too little for another. Aside from that, taking CBD in high doses comes with the risk of overstimulating your ECS receptors, meaning less effectiveness and more side effects. If you’re new to CBD, it’s recommended that you start at a low dose and gradually build up until you find your personal sweet spot.
Myth #4: All CBD Products Are the Same
There are many different types of CBD products, and they differ quite a bit in terms of functional use and benefits. There’s a range in the quality of CBD products too, making it important to stick with trusted companies that do plenty of research and testing. Don’t expect the same results from one product or type of product to another, and do try more than one to see what works best for you.
What makes the CBD offered by My Health Etc. different?
- We use only organically grown plants for CBD oil that’s produced under pharmaceutical control using CO2-extraction methods.
- It’s triple lab tested for purity and safety, packaged in protective amber-colored bottles, and contains a guaranteed percentage of CBD.
- Our GMP Quality Certified and US Hemp Certified products come with informative labeling so you know exactly what you’re getting.
- These vegan-friendly items come in full spectrum, broad spectrum, and isolate varieties, with CBG and CBN available as well.
- We offer multiple delivery methods, including tinctures, gummies, topicals, gum, capsules, and more.
Want to know more? Contact us for one-on-one guidance regarding your CBD purchase, and shop our online CBD store to get high-quality products shipped right to your door.