As further research continues to uncover the many benefits of CBD, mood enhancer capabilities have since been under the spotlight. The use of CBD for sleep and pain management has certainly been a focal point, but new research indicates that CBD oil for mood regulation is very much a possibility. Well then, does CBD make you happy? While it may not be an automatic shift in our mindset, there are many ways that CBD might have a positive effect on our overall mood.
CBD Oil For Mood Regulation
Many of the benefits of CBD oil for mood regulation come from the ways that cannabidiol can positively impact our endocannabinoid system. The distinct properties of CBD on a chemical level cause our bodies to produce endocannabinoids, which in turn makes us feel good. Cannabinoids also bind to receptors that determine the nature of the responses they trigger, and since our endocannabinoid system helps our body maintain balance, the presence of cannabinoids can help facilitate that process, as well as maintain homeostasis.
So what can CBD oil help with in terms of making us feel good? Here are some CBD mood enhancer properties, and how they affect our body for the better:
- Anxiety and Depression Relief - One of the more popular uses of CBD is for treating anxiety. Since CBD is able to reduce the activity of certain enzymes that contribute to feelings of stress and anxiety, these antipsychotic and anti-anxiety effects can lessen the negative tolls that anxiety and depression have on our minds and bodies, and in turn enhance our mood.
- Serotonin Availability - Research indicates that CBD can affect serotonin levels in a way that can help with depression and other mental disorders. Serotonin is a hormone that stabilizes mood, and functions as a neurotransmitter that links communication between brain cells and nervous system cells. When these levels are high, as CBD seems to be able to accomplish, we feel better overall as a result.
- Improving Sleep - Sleep has a direct affect on our mood, and when we are either unable to fall or stay asleep, these disturbances can contribute to stress, anxiety, and depression. Since CBD can help with sleep, it therefore has an effect by either preventing these stressors and disorders, or alleviating them.
- Pain Management - Perhaps the most common use for CBD is pain and inflammation management. When we look at CBD oil for mood regulation purposes, it’s obvious that pain can negatively impact our mood. CBD has the ability to stimulate the body’s natural pain relief mechanism, therefore blocking the pain receptors, which results in less pain and discomfort. When an individual’s pain is under control, it’s much easier to feel better overall.
- Energy and Brain Function - Much like CBD can affect serotonin levels, it can also impact and lessen our levels of dopamine. As a neurotransmitter, dopamine is responsible for activating brain cells, and when CBD lessens these levels, our brain functions are able to work normally. Research has also indicated that CBD increases blood flow throughout our body, having a direct role to play in energy levels.
Where to Buy CBD For Mood Regulation
If you are looking for quality CBD brands, My Health Etc. is your #1 source for all things CBD and CBD oil. We offer the highest quality CBD products for sale, including oils, edibles, THC-free CBD, pet supplements, and more. We supply industry trusted brands that offer some of the best CBD oil for mood, pain, anxiety, or stress.
Contact us today for any questions or comments regarding our CBD mood enhancers, or any of our CBD oils and other products.