As more and more studies come out revealing the potential positive health benefits of cannabinoids such as CBD, one of the most promising and surprising links is the use of CBD for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a skeletal disorder that affects over 50 million Americans and is characterized by a gradual decrease in the density and quality of bone, leading to increased fragility and a heightened risk of fractures. Currently, there is no cure.
While treatment options typically include calcium and Vitamin D supplements, along with weight training and pharmaceuticals, many people have turned to cannabidiol oil, or CBD Oil, for its ability to promote healthy bone cell production while inhibiting cellular waste, helping the body to strike a better balance between new cellular creation and old cell removal.
In this blog, we’ll look closer at the potential benefits that those suffering from osteoporosis may derive from incorporating a daily dose of CBD oil into their treatment plan.
How Taking CBD Oil for Osteoporosis May Help
CBD Oil, which has no mind-altering properties and is non-addictive, interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is involved in regulating various physiological processes, including bone metabolism. Recent studies suggest that CBD may have a positive impact on bone health through its interaction with these ECS receptors.
Specifically, it may help with:
- Bone Formation & Healing – According to one study, CBD was shown to stimulate collagen cross-linking, which is critical for bone strength and flexibility, and was also found to promote osteoblast—bone-forming cell activity—and enhance the bone healing processes.
- Bone Resorption – By inhibiting osteoclast—bone-resorbing cell activity—CBD may slow down bone loss, creating a more balanced bone remodeling process and offering potential benefits to those suffering from osteoporosis.
- Pain Management – Anyone suffering from osteoporosis knows the chronic pain associated with it, and CBD’s analgesic properties might offer some relief without the unwanted side effects of some traditional medicines.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects – One of the leading contributors to bone loss in osteoporosis is chronic inflammation. In its ability to reduce inflammation, CBD can reduce inflammation in the bones and surrounding tissues, thereby supporting better bone health.
- Anxiolytic and Antidepressant Effects – CBD’s anxiolytic and antidepressant properties may provide relief to those coping with the psychological impact of osteoporosis.
Try the Best CBD Oil for Osteoporosis Today
Although research is still in its early phases, the preliminary findings regarding CBD Oil and osteoporosis are very promising. The cannabinoids' ability to impact bone formation and resorption, while managing pain and inflammation, make it a particularly intriguing treatment option for the millions of osteoporosis sufferers out there.
It’s important to note here that you should consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating any herbal supplement into your daily routine. And be sure you’re only buying high-quality CBD oil from reputable brands such as Dixie Botanicals, Endoca, RSHO, and other similarly high-quality brand names.
With that in mind, when it comes to bone health, the best methods of consumption are CBD tinctures, pills, balms, and salves. Here are three of the more popular options offered by My Health Etc. for those using CBD for osteoporosis:
- RSHO Full Spectrum CBD Salve – Experience head-to-toe relief with 500mg of full spectrum hemp extract in salve form.
- +Pro Clinical Formula CBD Tincture – 2000mg of full spectrum CBD oil for fast-acting, long-lasting relief.
- Charlotte’s Web CBD Softgels – Filled with liquid hemp extract that contains naturally occurring terpenes, flavonoids, phytocannabinoids, and essential fatty acids.